Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mother's Day

For Mother’s Day we were invited to my parents’ place. What I really like when visiting them is to walk in their garden. It’s full of little details and they have so many flowers that keep changing over time. Spring is probably the best season as everything is blooming. Now, we are a bit late in the game, but I still managed to get a couple of shots.

This first one is wide-open with a lens I’m starting to like more and more, the DFA 100mm f/2.8 macro (the non weather-sealed version which I’m starting to lust after.. arg).


For this second shot, 100mm was to long, so I switched to my trusty FA 35mm @ f/2.5:


Finally, this last one was again with the 100mm macro at f/2.8:


I can’t recall the name of these flowers, but they sure are very pretty!
Too bad, they don’t last for very long. In only two weeks they will already be gone :(
Spring is just too short to capture the million of things that are going on... The good thing about it is that it keeps changing, so there isn't a lack of potential subjects. That’s something I really enjoy about seasons: things never stay the same and there is already new stuff to discover :)

2 comments: